Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween Decorating Inspired by Pinterest

Have you heard of Pinterest yet?  Wowza... I'm pretty new to 'pinning' but I'm already addicted!  It's a great 'time filler' at 3:00 AM when you've just fed a newborn but they're not quite asleep.  My little girl has gotten used to me holding her in one arm and clicking the mouse with the other!  I found so many great and amazing ideas for Fall & Halloween decorating this year.... here's a little peek in our house at what I did:



As I've written about countless times - I have a really hard time with our mantle - the big gaping holes to each side are huge and require some height but unless I want to shell out some big bucks for some huge vases.... they're going to look a bit empty.  I'm just going to have to live with it.  :)

I made the bunting using halloween scrapbook paper found in the dollar section at Target and a great scallop circle punch and ribbon already on hand... I just sewed it all together.

The weathered pumpkins are ones I wrote about awhile back (read the story here) and the fake birds, glittered haunted houses, die cut birds and bats are all dollar store purchases.  (There were some FANTASTIC finds at the dollar store!)  Mason jars with candy corn and votives flank a cute pumpkin decoration that I found at TJMaxx.

Do you spy my 'craft fail' that I wrote about last post?  Yep - the spray painted glassware/vases... looks cute here though!  More about my 'fail' here

Now for a look at the rest of the house....


In our entryway is this Ikea credenza that stores a bunch of my sewing stuff.  I made the zebra print runner using indoor/outdoor fabric from JoAnne's, then added the 'vintage' looking items - lantern, buckets and postcard decor.


Near our dining room is this great buffet/credenza.  I love how these die cut bats look flying across the wall!  I got inspiration for this from here 




The 'boo' sign is another great idea I found on-line through a great blog called "eighteen25": 
Source & Tutorial

My version:
I used scrapbook paper and then just outlined the lettering and added glitter... the frames were ones I already had.  I sewed this runner as well - more fantastic indoor/outdoor fabric.  I love me a good lattice print!

This bookshelf is near our dining table - I added the skeleton garland on each end, the cute glitter skeleton decor (found in the Target dollar section - love that spot!) and the fun 'tissue box' monsters!
My inspiration:

Inspiration:  gigglesgalorenmore.blogspot.com


I love how fun and festive our house looks!  My oldest daughter is only two so I know she's not as into it as she will be in years to come but it's fun to 'build' up my stash of fun decor!  Happy Halloween everyone!  


I'm linking this post up to: 
Home Stories A2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment