Friday, December 10, 2010

GORGEOUS diaper bag heading to San Diego!

Just finished this gorgeous diaper bag for a good friend in San Diego.  She's giving it to her friend who's pregnant and due in February.  I knew I wanted to get it all finished before Christmas - always that much more fun to get an unexpected gift for the holiday!  The friend picked out this fabric through Hawthorne Threads (www.hawthornethreads.com) which is the website that I direct most people to who are interested in picking out fabrics for a custom bag.  The site has great prices but it is also organized in such a way that it's fun and easy to find LOVELY fabrics that are perfect for whatever project you're working on!  This fabric is called "Dagmar Floral in Teal and Grey" and it is an Alexander Henry fabric.  I ordered it first and then took it to a local quilting shop to find the perfect coordinating fabric.  It was tougher than I thought to find the 'perfect' match... what I thought of as mustard yellow has some green in it and the rusty brown is just that - rusty!  I ended up with a charcoal grey subtle print as it matched perfectly with the grey accents in the floral.  I also purchased an awesome Joel Dewberry called "Acorn Chain in Pond" from the collection "Modern Meadow".  I used it in a subtle way - lining the pockets!  It's just like having a bright red satin lining to an overcoat - an unexpected punch of color!  What do you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment