Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Decorations in Our House

I love Valentine's Day - maybe because my favorite color is pink and I think adding hearts and happy colors benefits any home decor?  Even if it's sickly sweet your kids are sure to love it!
a little Mommy & Daughter crafting! (see below for the finished project!)
our Valentine's mantle
I was able to do some 'on the cheap' decorating this year - I raided our local Dollar Tree, found fabulous inspiration on Pinterest and rustled up some of the decor I already had from years past.  

I'm really happy with how things turned out and I even ended up with a fun keepsake that my daughter and I crafted together.  

(this art was inspired by this idea: Crazy Wonderful Subway Art)

The love garland was made using three pink placemats that I found at Dollar Tree.
I just threaded them onto red ruffled ribbon
love this heart garland - here's a link to my what inspired me to make it: Scrapper Girl Photo Strip Heart Garland

I kept the white finial (was up with my Christmas decor) as well as the bird and birdcage but added these AWESOME candy jars!  My inspiration:
Source:  eighteen25 Pickle Jar Project

My version!  I love that they're white - can be used for any/all the holidays!
Just change out the candy and/or the ribbon!

My favorite piece this year - a little birdhouse that my daughter painted  :)


love this little area in our dining area... unfortunately I took an awful picture of it.  More heart garland that I pinned to the wall, a vintage table cloth on top of a console table, a piece of canvas board painted with chalkboard paint and adorned with a heart and some mercury glass jars with candy!
a great printable that I found on eighteen25
(can you tell I LOVE their blog yet?), a fun candy dish, votives in mason jars with pretty ribbon & ric rack, vintage doily and tin - this vignette sits on my credenza in my front entry....

and what's a holiday with kids if you don't have vinyl clings for your windows & mirrors?  my 2 year old put these up.... not that it's not obvious or anything.  ;)




I will be linking this to:

Home Stories A2Z

1 comment:

  1. So creative and cute, love the birdhouses!

    ReplyDelete