Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Hoppity Easter!

WELCOME EASTER!

I had a LOT of fun this year decorating for Easter.... I just wish there wasn't such a quick turn-around between St. Patrick's Day and E-day!  I do think I'll be able to keep most of these items up for awhile - or atleast scale back on the bunnies and eggs to make it "Spring Appropriate"!  :)

I used a lot of the same decorations from last year - it's fun to build on the crafted items I have year-to-year.  You'll recognize my mod podged eggs and 'candle sticks' from last year but I've added a new garland, some fun Bunny terrariums and an adorable bunny canvas to the mix too.

THE MANTLE:

Lots of found items this year.... 
Cookbooks, light aqua flower pots, my cookie jar and an adorable girl bunny I found last year at Hobby Lobby
birdhouse, egg candlestick, clear cylinder vase (clearance find at TJMaxx for $5.50!  I meant to put some plastic eggs in there - oops!)
my new garland - white doilies run through the sewing machine a few times with different colored threads!  so simple and so sweet!  also this great green pom yarn that I got at Christmas time
I FINALLY got around to painting some of my clear jars!  I used acrylic paint in an ombre effect of turquoise & aqua... so pretty!  These are definitely staying up through Spring!  I added some Dollar Store Easter Egg sticks!
The Full mantle - wait to you see those Easter Bunny Terrariums!
the right side features more of the same but in a different way - fresh flowers in a vase, another cute bunny from Hob Lob and more cookbooks!
I love the colorful spines on the Martha Stewart monthly cookbooks!


THE EASTER BUNNY TERRARIUMS:
My inspiration was this pin I've found via Pinterest:
I apologize - I can't find the source!  It's a private blog....


Obviously these are all edible - I took my own look at how to put one of these together...

I purchased two of these little figurines at The Dollar Store for... you guessed it!  $1.00 each!  :)

Then I gave them a thick coat of white spray paint... and it's NOT perfect (so don't look too close, eh?)


I was GOING to try and fit these guys in large mason jars but wouldn't ya know it - they were TOO big!  So plan B:  I found these glass vases at TJMaxx for $5.00 each - AND the best part is I can use them for other things!  The paper Easter grass is just sitting in there around the bunnies which are NOT glued down!  I actually have them precariously sitting on two rolls of washi tape that the Easter grass just BARELY conceals!  HA!
After that I added some Robin Egg candies and Egg gums... I figure since the grass is just paper that makes the eggs still edible, right?  Don't worry - I've been trying hard NOT to sneak them when I walk by.... 
Then I added a pretty yellow ribbon bow and have them flanking my painted ombre jars!  I LOVE IT!  I don't usually have much symmetry on this center portion of my mantle... not sure why, it's just not my thing but I really like it!

 From there I just added the little touches around other areas of the house - I usually keep decorations to the main areas - living room/dining room//front hallway:

The bookcase in our dining area - 
My 'infamous' B!  With a little added whimsy of colorful fabric!  And another egg....
Another credenza in our hallway - floral fabric (from my stash) to act as a runner, birdcage with selvedge tie, DIY apothecary jar with glitter eggs, bunny candy dish and antique tin.  Easter egg garland was a great find last year at Target!


Some new artwork!  I found this awesome idea via Pinterest:
6 Days of Spring via Eclectically Vintage
Source: Eclectically Vintage

HOW CUTE is that Bunny?  

I used the same idea - found a bunny silhouette by googling "silhouette of bunny rabbit" (seriously - it's THAT easy!)  Then I cut it out, used it as a template and cut it out of some turquoise glitter paper - the frame too!  Then I glued it to some precious floral print paper and voila!  Hung on a 3M hook with some more pretty yellow ribbon and it's ALL SET!
 Same idea with this cute bunny art too - the inspiration via Pinterest:
Source: Clean and Scentsible

My girls and I are suckers for pink so we painted an 8x10 canvas pink then I free-handed the bunny outline.  (I didn't have as EASY a time googling the silhouette I wanted in the size I wanted...)  Then added a cute scrapbook paper and jute string garland and the 3D effect - the bunny tail!  I thought this was THE cutest idea ever!!!!


My front entry has a little 'vignette':  pretty fabric and found items from around the house
I love the fabric scraps tied on my DIY apothecary jars!
and now - my FAVORITE part of our house!  The front 'porch'!
And yes, I know I should've atleast sweeped before taking this pic!  :(
I LOVE this wreath!  I was inspired by some amazing wreaths I saw on (yep, I'm going to say it - again!) PINTEREST!  I love the addition of lace, ric rac, glitter Easter eggs and ALL of the different types of flowers - ric rac, felt, fabric, paper!!!  INFATUATED FOR SURE.
The color inspiration was the gorgeous outdoor fabric you can see on the pillow above!  :)  JoAnn's!


So.... what do you have up in your house for Easter/Spring?

1 comment: